Thursday 10 March 2011

Help with planning a trip

When I travel I like to be proactive and research the destination.   The Trip Planner site is interesting although limited. Choices of destinations or minimal but popular, ie Paris, Rome. But what I found helpful is the it identifies hotels, places to visit and even will develop an itinerary that includes walking times and orgnizes amount of time to be spend at each place to make a day tour.  You can select the pace of your day and make changes to the suggestions or y make your own itinerary. 

What I liked is the map. It shows where places are in the city and where they are situated to the chosen hotel.  Good starting point if you are a new traveler.

2 comments:

  1. Ya I subscribed to the "Trip Planner" and was super disapointed. I am following them on twitter so maybe when they have more destinations it will be of more value to me. I am going to LA in a few weeks and was hoping to use this app but no LA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it. Maybe I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete